The slight power and temperature reductions coupled with microcode enhancement could lead to a large power window, allowing for better Turbo activity in certain scenarios. We can see the change in the Resident Evil 6 benchmark, and perhaps even the GTA:V benchmark, where the new BIOS version actually performs quite well.
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation play well with the 6950X, in regards to the number of cores it has and the fact that it uses a ring bus architecture for inter-core communication. We do see that Ashes enjoys the core count of the 7900X over that of the 7820X, revealing that the bottleneck to the game is the GTX 1080 Ti.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-7820X X-Series Skylake-X 8C/16T CPU retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-7820X X-Series Skylake-X 8C/16T CPU retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz