The slight power and temperature reductions coupled with microcode enhancement could lead to a large power window, allowing for better Turbo activity in certain scenarios. We can see the change in the Resident Evil 6 benchmark, and perhaps even the GTA:V benchmark, where the new BIOS version actually performs quite well.
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation play well with the 6950X, in regards to the number of cores it has and the fact that it uses a ring bus architecture for inter-core communication. We do see that Ashes enjoys the core count of the 7900X over that of the 7820X, revealing that the bottleneck to the game is the GTX 1080 Ti.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]