As you can see, the BIOS versions can impact CPU performance, but I believe the aim of these new microcode/BIOS updates is to reduce temperatures and power consumption, as they are very high.
Skylake-X microarchitecture is extremely powerful, as is its mesh CPU interconnect technology, but the downside is power and thermals. With 8 cores and 16 threads it can't beat out the 6950X in raw cores/threads, but it does well against the competition from the 1800X.
AIDA64 just got a huge update that greatly reduced the integer IOPS and FLOPS performance of the Skylake-X family of processors, so now they better match Broadwell-E and Ryzen CPUs and aren't something like 2-3x better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]