Benchmarks – Sequential and Mixed Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes with a Queue Depth of 128
Sequential write was the lowest I have seen from a 10Gbe NAS to this point, but read performance rivaled top units. Numbers came in at 711 MB/s read and 471 MB/s write.
RAID 5 had the highest read performance of any 10Gbe appliance I have tested at 743 MB/s. Write performance was still low in comparison, reaching just 383 MB/s.
Last up we swapped the 1817 over to RAID 6. Here we reached 754 MB/s read and 336 MB/s write.
Database workload testing gave us near 11K IOPS for RAID 0, 7K for RAID 5 and 2K with RAID 6.
File Server reached just over 11K IOPS for RAID 0 with RAID 5 and 6 coming in at 9K and 3K, respectively.
RAID 0 topped out at 9K IOPS with RAID 5 reaching 5K and RAID 6 3K IOPS.
Web Server really levels things out across array types. In the case of the 1817, we see 11K IOPS across the board.
Workstation rounds things out for testing, here we get 9K IOPS for RAID 0 and 8K for RAID 5. RAID 6 ends at 5K IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market