Benchmarks – Sequential and Mixed Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes with a Queue Depth of 128
Sequential write was the lowest I have seen from a 10Gbe NAS to this point, but read performance rivaled top units. Numbers came in at 711 MB/s read and 471 MB/s write.
RAID 5 had the highest read performance of any 10Gbe appliance I have tested at 743 MB/s. Write performance was still low in comparison, reaching just 383 MB/s.
Last up we swapped the 1817 over to RAID 6. Here we reached 754 MB/s read and 336 MB/s write.
Database workload testing gave us near 11K IOPS for RAID 0, 7K for RAID 5 and 2K with RAID 6.
File Server reached just over 11K IOPS for RAID 0 with RAID 5 and 6 coming in at 9K and 3K, respectively.
RAID 0 topped out at 9K IOPS with RAID 5 reaching 5K and RAID 6 3K IOPS.
Web Server really levels things out across array types. In the case of the 1817, we see 11K IOPS across the board.
Workstation rounds things out for testing, here we get 9K IOPS for RAID 0 and 8K for RAID 5. RAID 6 ends at 5K IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard