Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging is quite standard for Synology appliances. We have a brown box with a sticker housing model info and a few details along the bottom.
The scope of delivery for this unit includes two Ethernet cables, the power cable, and drive screws. Also, we have keys for the drive trays and guide to get started.
Looking at the DS1817, we have a series of LEDs along the top with status and alert on the left side of the power button and LAN one through four on the right side.
On the backside, USB 3.0 is on the left side with one of the two eSATA ports. The four RJ45 ports are on the right with the top two 1Gbe and the bottom two 10Gbe.
The backplane for this model is setup for SAS and SATA.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard