Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging is quite standard for Synology appliances. We have a brown box with a sticker housing model info and a few details along the bottom.
The scope of delivery for this unit includes two Ethernet cables, the power cable, and drive screws. Also, we have keys for the drive trays and guide to get started.
Looking at the DS1817, we have a series of LEDs along the top with status and alert on the left side of the power button and LAN one through four on the right side.
On the backside, USB 3.0 is on the left side with one of the two eSATA ports. The four RJ45 ports are on the right with the top two 1Gbe and the bottom two 10Gbe.
The backplane for this model is setup for SAS and SATA.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit