System IO Benchmarks
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The X299 Gaming i9 has excellent SATA performance, but you might notice it's not included in the M.2 picture and that is because there seems to be an issue with my 950 Pro and the board. MSI is looking into it, but the board detects the drive in Windows, gives me very high sequential write and random 4K read and write numbers (the best I have seen so far), but odd sequential read numbers so I will test that later and update the chart. Networking performance is excellent, the wireless NIC rocks.
Audio RMAA 5.5:
I disable all audio features, set the correct bitrates, and then test the audio with a loopback test.
Sound Judgment by Ear: Excellent, MSI has done an excellent job here. There are five ratings for audio: 1. Problems, 2. Okay, 3. Acceptable, 4. Very good, 5. Excellent
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Gaming M7 ACK Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]