In The Box
Once you crack open the packaging, you're greeted with exactly what you would expect to see. There aren't a lot of extra items that will likely never be used, but you do receive everything you need to handle the chores of a modern enthusiast rig.
Included in the box you get the power supply (a good start), a power cable, a PCI-Express adapter, mounting screws and a small user manual.
Structure-wise, the XClio power supply has a very solid feel to it. It maintains a good deal of weight which generally bodes well to what we can expect performance numbers to look like. Cooling of the internals is accomplished by a single 120mm fan that makes little noise and a vented back panel. While the fan pushed a decent amount of air over the PSU circuitry, I still do not recommend adding this airflow into your case cooling formula.
If you'll take note of the small bright spot close to the manual switch, you'll see that it is a small LED. Nothing fancy here, but it does manage to tell you that you have power going to the unit. This can come in handy during troubleshooting sessions as it tells you at a glance if you have power coming from the outlet. If the bulb is not lit, you know that the wall socket is the place to start your maintenance.
With regards to power output, the numbers look very sweet. It is capable of handling 500 watts of total power output and can generate 30 amps along the 3.3v rail, 28 amps along the 5v rail and a total of 29 amps along the 12v rail. I mention a "total of" because this power supply is equipped with a dual 12v rail layout. The first rail provides 14 amps and the second provides 15 amps. While not at the top end of what we've seen available, it certainly has the capacity to handle a very strong system.
As far as cables go, you have a 24-pin primary power coupling, a 4-pin supplemental power connection (commonly called Intel power), five standard 4-pin Molex connectors, two SATA power connections, a PCI-Express connection and a FDD coupling. While we have what appears to be an overall good layout, the inclusion of only five Molex may be an issue. Not only for those with several peripherals, but for those with dual PCI-Express devices there is another consideration...
The included PCI-Express adapter is a good add-in item but it requires two of your precious five Molex connectors to make it work properly. If you happen to have a second PCI-E device, you're likely going to be in the market for several splitters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit