For the time being, I am testing how each motherboard can overclock the CPU and what settings to change to get a 4.6GHz overclock using AVX with XMP enabled. I set XMP to enable, all cores to 4.6GHz, LLC to level 2, reset input voltage to 1.75v from auto of 2.1v when x46 is set for the CPU multiplier, I also set VCore of 1.225v. Everything worked great.
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz Kit:
It worked like a charm at 3600MHz.
GEIL EVO SPEAR (4x8GB) 3200MHz Kit:
There was no problem running the GEIL kit at XMP either.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon UK website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]