X299-Aorus Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1220 audio codec is used as the motherboard's audio codec, and a Texas Instruments NE5532 is used as the audio amplifier. Five gold series audio capacitors and physical PCB division help to improve audio quality.
We have seen Aquantia's new generation AQC108 on ASRock's Z270 and even X370 motherboards, but now we see the new 10Gbit NBase-T AQC107 which offers up to 10Gbig, 5Gbit, 1Gbit, and 100Mbit speeds. An ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller and ASM1543 type-C switch are used to provide the rear USB 3.1 type-A and type-C ports.
Intel's i219v is used as the PHY to complement the integrated MAC in the PCH to provide one of the 1Gbit LAN ports on the rear IO. An Intel i211AT is used as the second 1Gbit NIC.
Another ASMedia ASM3142 can be found around the internal USB 3.1 header, and surprisingly I also found a Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C power delivery and switch controller. The use of the TI chip rather than an ASMedia switch chip is not common, the TI is more expensive and offers more features, so this USB 3.1 internal header probably supports higher power modes.
A new chip labeled Flash Back is used to provide the BIOS recovery technology on the motherboard. An ASMedia ASM1184 is a PCI-E hub, it takes in one PCI-E 3.0 port and can output three PCI-E 2.0 ports for the WIFI, x1 PCI-E slot, and ASMedia ASM1061 SATA controller.
The ASMedia ASM1074 is used as the USB 3.0 hub, and it expands the rear USB 3.0 port count. The ASMedia ASM1061 provides two extra SATA6Gb/s ports, but it's recommended to use them for HDDs rather than SSDs.
The ICS 6V41742B is used to enhance BCLK overclocking margins. A Nuvoton NCT6791D is used as the SuperIO and provides PS/2 and system monitoring functions.
The nuvoTon N76E885AT is used as the RGB LED controller on the motherboard. On the rear of the motherboard, we find no less than 12 NXP PCI-E 3.0 quick switches to switch around all the PCI-E bandwidth, there are also bus switches here to handle the crazy PCI-E routing of the new platform.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ