Handbrake shows us that four real cores will win out compared to two cores with hyper threading as we see on the i3's. If you are going to use your Ryzen 3 rig to do some content creation, then those extra two real cores help a lot. ScienceMark produced some really interesting results, and I am not sure if there was a bug in the AEGIS BIOS I used on the motherboard, but for some reason, the 1200's memory performance is superior to that of the 1300X.
I saw the same difference in memory performance in AIDA64, so it's not just a bug in a single software application. Perhaps the BIOS is setting timings tighter as the CPU frequency is a bit lower, and perhaps it provides some sort of performance increase in the IMC. While the memory differences show up in synthetic memory benchmarks, in the real-world where memory does matter, it doesn't seem to help the 1200 outperform the 1300X.
SuperPI is very memory dependent, and the 1300X is doing great compared to the 1200. However, this is also where Intel's per core performance benefits shine.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card