DOOM & Battlefield 1
While gaming is not the intended usage of these devices, we all know days can get long, and you can always find time to squeeze in a round or two of something. In our testing, we find the membrane keys not easy to collapse, so resting your hand does not lead to accidental movements. We did not notice any huge delays in the input, not enough to get us killed, but the mouse on the other hand, which is a different story.
The mouse does tend to shut down faster than the keyboard, so there is lag when it comes to movement if the mouse was left stationary. The DPI is a tad low to enjoy games on a 4K screen, but we tried anyways. This leads us to find that when moving the mouse slowly, it did not seem to read movement as well, and tended to "jump" back into action once the mouse realized it was moving this whole time. Again, this is not the way the MK850 is meant to be used, but it is possible.
Windows and Productivity
The daily grind is where it's at for the MK850 Performance Combo. While we are huge fans of mechanical keyboards, the feel of the rubber dome switches is impressive and does not have us wanting to toss it to the side like many others we tried. The ability to swap through various devices eliminates times when you are using a mouse or keyboard, while not being able to figure out why nothing is happening, then realizing you have the wrong device in hand. Once paired, all you have to do is select the proper buttons on the mouse and keyboard, and away you go with the rest of what you were doing, and can easily move right back to the first PC.
On top of that, we can set the mouse for its standard eight buttons, to reassign them as needed, but we can also double all of them, using the Function key on the keyboard. Then, of course, there is the handy little trick of allowing the mouse to drag files from one PC to another seamlessly. That is something that can be done by connecting all PCs to the same network or using a NAS to transfer, but in a work environment, you do not always have access to such options.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech K850 Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Logitech M720 Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ