Logitech K850 Keyboard
The left side of the K850 has a white lower section and a black top frame section; both are thin to offer a low profile to the keyboard. We see that all of the keycaps are flat at this time, but we can also see a bit of a wave across the top, as the center of the keyboard is higher than the sides.
This section of the keyboard uses low profile keys on rubber dome switches, and there are hints to the ergonomic shaping from this angle as well. Also, the wrist rest is a permanent addition to the front edge of the keyboard, removing stresses from those who use this keyboard for many hours throughout the day. You may also notice the Mac specific keys on either side of the spacebar.
Along the top edge, all of these keys offer a second function. The Escape key works as a Function Lock, the F1 is the Home key, F2 is the same as a right click of the mouse, and F3 is the same as clicking the back-page button on the mouse. F4 will open the search menu, while F5 will select the previous track, and F6 is used for play and pause.
Continuing down the line, F7 is used to select the next track, F8 mutes the volume, F9 lowers the volume, and F10 raises it. F11 takes you to the log-in screen, and F12 appears to open a browser, but we found pressing it did nothing for us.
The right third of the keyboard has everything one will need for office work. The white buttons allow for the selection of paired devices to function with, and on the command keys we see the camera for a screen shot, a scroll lock option on the Home key, and using the Page Up key will open the calculator. There is lock LED indicators at the top for Caps lock and a low battery, and we even get arrows on the number pad.
With the feet extended while viewing the right end of the keyboard, we can see that the keycaps are all angled now, making them easier to access. We can also see a small switch near the back of the keyboard, which allows the user to switch the keyboard on and off, to help save battery life when not in use.
The bottom of the K850 has many screws to hold it together, but a few of the holes are also for drainage, just in case of accidental spillage. There are five rubber feet to secure the keyboard on a desk, and the product sticker has just the name of the keyboard on it.
The K850 comes with a pair of feet on either side of the back edge. This allows for multiple work angles to fit a wider array of users. We also see that the feet flip out to the sides, so they will not collapse, and both of them have rubber pads to keep a similar footing on the desk.
At the back edge of the keyboard, there is a cover which has a pair of AAA batteries from Duracell installed under it. It is easier to remove the cover and pull the tab out, but it can be done without opening this as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech K850 Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Logitech M720 Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Publishers should raise game prices, says analyst
- GIVEAWAY: OCZ TR200 3D BiCS FLASH SSDs thanks to Toshiba
- Death Stranding in playable state, progressing on schedule
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ