Accessories and Documentation
Most of the mounting hardware is shown in this picture. On the left are the Intel top brackets with the universal backplate to the right of it, and the AMD top brackets and packet of paste to the right of that. At the top of the backplate, we have the cross-bar bracket which locks the cooler to the top brackets.
The rest of the hardware to make what we just looked at work, is all found here. At the top are four black plastic spacers, used with the four long scr4ews with hex heads on them. There is a set of screws specific to use with LGA2011 and LGA2011 V3; there are two Phillips head screws to mount the cross bar and a set of four nuts to lock the top brackets to the backplate and motherboard.
To mount the 120mm fan that comes with the Windale 6, you are to use these rubber fan connectors. The long end passes through both holes in the frame and locks with the angled section near the middle of them. To lock them into the cooler, the round ends with the pin are made to slide into holes in the fin stack. FSP also includes another set, in case you wish to have a push/pull fan setup.
The fan which accompanies the cooler body is the FSP CF12P12 120mm fan. This fan has a black frame with four blue LEDs in it, surrounding nine gray blades. The fan is powered via a 4-pin fan connector and is PWM controllable.
The instructions are folded down to stay compact and go inside of the box easily, but once unfolded, there is a plethora of information TO BE HAD. There is a parts list to ensure you are starting the installation process with all of the correct parts, and after it, we find step-by-step guides for Intel, Intel LGA2011, and AMD installations. Even the most novice builder can get the Windale 6 installed if you follow that FSP provides here.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- GTA V NaturalVision Remastered mod looks freaking INCREDIBLE
- Epic Games shows off real-time ray traced digital character
- Edward Snowden: NSA tracks ALL Bitcoin users private info
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit