FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler
At first glance, the Windale 6 may appear like many other 120mm coolers, but there are some fine details to take in. Both the heat pipes as well as the fins have a black coating applied, which appears to be a thermal coating which we have seen in the past, and we also see that each of the fins in the fifty-four-fin stack is supported with tabs on either side, to ensure fin spacing stays correct.
Looking at the cooler from the side, we can see each of the six heat pipes as they pass through the fin stack, and just how evenly spaced they are.
The back of the cooler is nearly identical to the view we saw from the front, but we do have one more thing to mention. The shadow line inside of the pipes is from louvers in each fin. These are designed to influence the air flow, which helps to increase the performance of this cooler.
The sides are identical as well, but we did not look at the bottom of the cooler in the last image like this. There you can see that the heat pipes are tightly packed at the base, and have to be slightly offset to allow all six pipes to fit there. As they leave the base, they make gentle bends as not to kink the pipes, and delivers a solid structure as well as a possible advantage to remove more heat from CPUs with larger IHSs.
Looking at the top of the Windale 6, we see various half round cuts and deeper grooves in the center of each side, where the front and back have squared off air channels, but keep the same deep cuts. The tips of the pipes are exposed through the top fin, and every fin in the stack has the FSP name embossed in the fins, and they all have four louvers in them too.
The base is a solid chunk of aluminum, which is used to hold all of the heat pipes together, but from this angle, we see a pair of small holes. These are used to accept a cross-bar mounting mechanism to lock the CPU cooler to the mounting hardware.
As the heat pipes enter the cooler, we can see that the fins are pressed onto the pipes, which is not the best design for heat transfer. Although, using the coating on both the pipes and the fins, lessens the gap between them and helps to make up for the lack of solder.
We have removed a warning sticker which is used to keep the base from oxidizing, and it has done its job. All six pipes run in contact with each other, and we can see thermal paste squeezing out from between them. The pipes are flattened before they are put into the base, and it is then that the base and pipes are machined at the same time to give this flat contact area.
We did skip ahead a little bit grabbing some of the hardware, but we wanted to be sure that you also get to see the Windale 6 with the fan in place. It does add some thickness to the tower, but the fan is the same size as the fin stack, so it will clear memory, although the rubber fan straps are a bit long and goofy looking.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games