SLI is definitely one of the biggest talking points of the nVidia chipset community right now. Designed back in the PCI based Voodoo2 graphics board days as a way of boosting the overall frame rate of the very first 3D based graphics cards, although in a slightly different flavour these days, it is still all the rage.
When it comes to the SLI side of things, its not impossible to get an SLI setup on a budget - a 6600GT or cheaper LE or 6800 SLI would be a great option for your semi-budget LAN gamers rig, but what about the motherboard side of things? Prices of nVidia's nForce4 SLI motherboards are currently worth around $220 USD (roughly $300 AUD) in Australia, which is until now.
Albatron are one of Taiwan's leading budget motherboard manufacturers, with designs for low cost motherboards as well as mid-range enthusiast motherboards, Albatron is simply not just a value orientated company.
Today we are looking at the Albatron K8SLI motherboard based on nVidia's nForce4 SLI chipset for the AMD Athlon 64 processor based around the value segment requirements - will this board hold up to the test? Let's have a closer look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard