Benchmarks – RAID 0 Performance
Toshiba sent over two drives so that we could test RAID performance. Obviously with two drives we are limited to RAID 0 and RAID 1. RAID 1 numbers will often be just under single drive performance due to overhead while RAID 0 is what most will use for that extra bit of performance. Let's see how the 8TB N300 performs.
Starting off with ATTO, we get our baseline performance. Single drive hit around 244 MB/s read and write consistently, and in RAID 0, we see a solid 445 to 450 MB/s read and write.
Fresh off the testing of the WD Red 10TB, we have a solid comparison for the 8TB N300. In 4K workloads in RAID 0, the N300 holds its own, scaling from 170-180 IOPS at QD1, to a touch under 1000 IOPS at QD32.
4K write was a different story. Here, while we do get a bump in performance, it is steady at 800 IOPS.
Database showed a slight gain of about 130 IOPS across the board with RAID 0.
File Server got nearly the same boost moving from a single drive to RAID 0.
Email Server at 290 IOPS and was consistent there.
We see a solid boost up to 740 IOPS for Web Server, beating out the WD Red at higher queue depths.
Last, we have a look at Workstation, a slight bump in performance due to RAID 0, finishing at 300 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit