Alphacool Eiswand Major Components
The largest component of the Alphacool Eiswand is the Eiswand Case or the tower. The base is wide and stable, starting with four feet screwed into a metal plate, which then has an opaque plastic section, and another smaller metal plate to top off the base. On it sits a tower of aluminum, which is black, grooved on the sides, and the front and back look like this, with the honeycomb mesh which allows air to pass through the tower. At the top, is the reservoir, with its viewable window. There is a window on the front and the back sides, but the top is also a window to view into the top of the reservoir.
We opened one of the plain cardboard boxes and found the CPU water block used in this kit. The block Alphacool sent for us to use4 is the Alphacool NexXxos 12164, or the XP³ Light, which is black, this is version two of the block, and all of the AMD and Intel mounting hardware is included.
In the box with the CPU block, we also located the four meters of glossy black tubing; we also find a set of four anti-kink coils to slide over the tubing. The tubing has an internal diameter of 8mm, while the outside is 11mm in thickness. As for the coils, they are larger than the tubing, but just, and there is some drag as you slide them onto the tubing.
Still, within that same box, we also located the fittings. On the left are a pair of quick-disconnects, one of which we have disassembled to see how they work. We also found a thin black box, and inside of that, we found the copper compression fittings for the block and the back of the tower. Externally, the fittings are black, they require a special wrench to over tighten them, and the sides are knurled so that you can use them without any tools.
Alphacool sends the coolant, enough to fill the tower, all of the tubing, and some extra in case you want to add more blocks and tubing. We received two one liter bottles of Cape Kelvin Catcher, ready to use coolant. The main property of using this over distilled water is that the CKC already has anti-corrosion properties, which water does not.
As this cooler was initially released, the power supply comes with adapters used overseas. There are plugs for the Euro standards and UK standards for powering devices, both of which will connect to the power brick and adapter cable. Rather than a tiny round connection we typically find on this type of PSU, this one terminates with a female 4-pin Molex connection.
In the box with the power supply, we find some adapters as well. There is an extension at the back that is roughly two feet in length, which allows for even more room to move the tower around and keep it connected to power. Alphacool also includes a 7.5V power reducing adapter. This can go in at either end of the adapter cable, or directly to the PSU, but keep in mind, it gets warm, so leave it somewhere where it is ventilated.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series