X299-AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 implementation is not as extreme as on the Gaming 9, but it's still upgraded. The ESS Sabre ES9016 121dB DAC is used to enhance output. A Texas Instruments LME49720 dual operational amplifier is used to improve overall power. We don't see the fancy amps and preamps we did on the Gaming 9, and we also lose the NEC relay for de-pop. WIMA film capacitors and Nichicon Gold series electrolytics are used in the filter stage.
We get both an i219v and an e2500 from Killer. Killer's wireless AC 1535 is used and provides up to 867Mbps of Wi-Fi bandwidth.
Two ASMedia ASM3142 controllers are used on the motherboard; one for the rear and one for the front. They both get 16Gbps of bandwidth from two PCI-E 3.0 lanes. A small Texas Instruments switch provides the type-C on the rear.
The Realtek RTS5411 chip is a USB 3.0 hub; I assume it takes a single USB 3.0 port and routes it into three, while a single USB 3.0 port is normally routed for four USB 3.0 ports on the IO panel. The Realtek RTS5423 takes in a single USB 3.1 port and outputs to four.
Three IT8295FN are located on the motherboard and provide the digital RGB LED functionality and header. They are a new chip, first found on GIGABYTE X299 motherboards.
I found eight NXP DBTL08GP053, which can take multiple inputs and route to multiple outputs. They even support two crossbar ports, but generally, they act as replacements for the traditional quick switches we see on motherboards. They are expensive and high-bandwidth and are used because of the X299 platform's crazy PCI-E layout. An IT8951E is used to provide USB BIOS Flashback and recovery.
The main SuperIO is the IT8686E; it supports hardware monitoring and the PS/2 on the rear IO panel. An ICS6V41742A clock generator can also be found onboard.
An ITE IT8795E is used to expand fan control operations, and the motherboard offers dual 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROMs, one of which is hidden under a PCI-E slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 (Intel LGA 2066 Core i9/ ATX/ 3 M.2/ Front USB 3.1 /ESS Sabre Audio /RGB Fusion/Dual LAN / Killer WIFI /3 Way SLI Motherboard) retails for $599.95 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-AORUS Gaming 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner