TeamGroup is well known for their innovative memory products, and they have a loyal following. This is their first NVMe SSD, and they are to be commended for taming the heat innovatively and attractively. The T-Force Cardea is just what the doctor ordered for desktops with limited airflow. The drives heat sink is large but well designed as to not interfere with your video card. The Cardea won't fit into any laptop that we know of, so if you are considering getting one for your laptop or a BRIX sized mini-PC, we would recommend against doing so.
Overall, we are well pleased with the performance we got from the Cardea on both our Intel and Ryzen platforms. The T-Force Cardea gave us what we wanted; excellent workload performance. E7 powered SSDs won us over long ago with their noticeably snappy performance, but Phison still hasn't given us what we know would make things even better - a dedicated NVMe driver.
In terms of pricing, we feel the T-Force Cardea is on-point at $129.99 especially in the midst of a NAND flash shortage. We often see lesser SSDs going for a lot more money. The Cardea's Toshiba MLC flash array is a cut above TLC flash of any flavor which is why it delivers better workload performance than the 250GB 960 EVO. The Cardea's heat sink is a really nice value-add in our opinion. Keeping temps in check adds longevity and reliability to any SSD. The Cardea has an excellent endurance rating and an MTBF of 2-million hours, which has us wondering why the Cardea only comes with a 3-year warranty. We would like to see a drive this robust have a 5-year warranty because we believe it will easily outlast its 3-year warranty.
- Moderate Workload Performance
- Premium Components
- Sleek Design
- No SSD Management Tool Box
- Three-Year Warranty
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: The T-Force Cardea is priced right, delivers excellent performance, and won't overheat.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches- Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz