MSI's UEFI for the X299 platform is almost identical to that of its other platforms. You get two modes; an EZ Mode for more novice users and an advanced mode for the more experienced.
Fan control through a GUI is quite easy, and I actually like the full-screen graph MSI provides. Like some other vendors, fan control is only offered in a GUI instead of also being offered in a menu style layout. Overall BIOS settings were easy to understand and utilize.
Software included with the motherboard includes Mystic Light, Live Update 6, APP Manager, X-Boost, Gaming APP, DPC Latency Tuner, Command Center, Live Update 6, and APP Manager.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]