X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio section of the motherboard features the Realtek ALC1220 along with an OP1652 amplifier for the front panel output, while the rear output uses the ALC1220's integrated amp. MSI also added Nippon Chemicon audio grade capacitors along with physical division between the audio section and the rest of the motherboard.
MSI uses Intel's i219v PHY for Gbit LAN along with Intel's Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW for 867Mbps Wireless AC.
The motherboard features two ASM3142 USB 3.1 controllers; each gets two PCI-E 3.0 lanes, one goes for the rear USB 3.1 the other for the internal header. Both use the ASM1543 as the type-C controller and switch.
ASMedia's ASM1074 is used as a USB 3.0 hub, it takes one USB 3.0 port and outputs three at the rear IO. A single re-driver, the ASMedia ASM1464 is used to improve signaling on the one USB 3.0 port from the PCH routed to the rear IO, as the hub for the other three already acts as a repeater/re-driver.
All of those quick switches, it's really quite a sight on these motherboards. The Renesas R5F104 series microcontroller is used for RGB LED control, and maybe BIOS flashback features.
An ICS6V41742B is used as the clock generator to improve BCLK overclocking. NuvoTon's NCT6795D is used as the SuperIO on this motherboard; it provides PS/2, fan control, and system monitoring.
Dual 128Mbit BIOS ROMs provide redundancy. The nuvoton NCT5605Y is a GPIO extender for the SuperIO, while the NCT7802Y is a system monitoring IC used for fan control.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]