Synthetic Benchmarks in games show us that the CPU operates just like the 7700K. Performance levels are quite strong, even compared to a few of the higher core count CPUs. Oddly enough, in Unigine Heaven 4.0 at 720P, the 7740X performs better than all the CPUs, but at 1080P it performs worse. It's one of the oddest things I have seen and might be due to the platform.
The way that PCI-E lanes are routed on X299 differs greatly compared to other platforms. Allowing the x16 of lanes to operate on the same board as the 28 and 44 lane CPUs is no easy task. I had also heard rumors that the first x16 on Kaby Lake-X CPUs is routed to where the last lanes on the higher core count CPUs are. That would allow the bifurcation of the CPU's PCI-E lanes so that you could split the x16 lanes into x8/x4/x4.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz