Synthetic Benchmarks in games show us that the CPU operates just like the 7700K. Performance levels are quite strong, even compared to a few of the higher core count CPUs. Oddly enough, in Unigine Heaven 4.0 at 720P, the 7740X performs better than all the CPUs, but at 1080P it performs worse. It's one of the oddest things I have seen and might be due to the platform.
The way that PCI-E lanes are routed on X299 differs greatly compared to other platforms. Allowing the x16 of lanes to operate on the same board as the 28 and 44 lane CPUs is no easy task. I had also heard rumors that the first x16 on Kaby Lake-X CPUs is routed to where the last lanes on the higher core count CPUs are. That would allow the bifurcation of the CPU's PCI-E lanes so that you could split the x16 lanes into x8/x4/x4.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-7740X Processor retails for $351.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market