Synthetic Benchmarks in games show us that the CPU operates just like the 7700K. Performance levels are quite strong, even compared to a few of the higher core count CPUs. Oddly enough, in Unigine Heaven 4.0 at 720P, the 7740X performs better than all the CPUs, but at 1080P it performs worse. It's one of the oddest things I have seen and might be due to the platform.
The way that PCI-E lanes are routed on X299 differs greatly compared to other platforms. Allowing the x16 of lanes to operate on the same board as the 28 and 44 lane CPUs is no easy task. I had also heard rumors that the first x16 on Kaby Lake-X CPUs is routed to where the last lanes on the higher core count CPUs are. That would allow the bifurcation of the CPU's PCI-E lanes so that you could split the x16 lanes into x8/x4/x4.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit