Test System Setup
Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Classified K - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: GSkill TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3200 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: EVGA DG-86 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
ASUSTOR uses the Control Center application to aid in the setup of their NAS appliances.
Setup starts by naming the NAS and setting an admin password.
This is followed up by the data and time settings.
Setting up your storage volumes is the third step, notice we are testing with SSDs.
The desktop for ADM gives you a smart device feel with all the menu items listed with icons.
Entering the setup menu, we have options for network, VPN and regional. Hardware options along with notifications and ADM update round out a few more options.
Services include Windows CIFS, Apple AFP, and NFS support. We also have FTP, Web DAV, and Web Servers along with MariaDB and Terminal and Rsync services.
The storage menu gives you access to array and volume setup along with iSCSI options.
A quick look at the app menu gives a look at the top apps for ASUSTOR NAS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUSTOR AS6404T Consumer NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon