Test System Setup
Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Classified K - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: GSkill TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3200 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: EVGA DG-86 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
ASUSTOR uses the Control Center application to aid in the setup of their NAS appliances.
Setup starts by naming the NAS and setting an admin password.
This is followed up by the data and time settings.
Setting up your storage volumes is the third step, notice we are testing with SSDs.
The desktop for ADM gives you a smart device feel with all the menu items listed with icons.
Entering the setup menu, we have options for network, VPN and regional. Hardware options along with notifications and ADM update round out a few more options.
Services include Windows CIFS, Apple AFP, and NFS support. We also have FTP, Web DAV, and Web Servers along with MariaDB and Terminal and Rsync services.
The storage menu gives you access to array and volume setup along with iSCSI options.
A quick look at the app menu gives a look at the top apps for ASUSTOR NAS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUSTOR AS6404T Consumer NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard