Packaging and a Closer Look
Following Synology trends, the packaging is still the brown box and a sticker to the right. This sticker houses all the necessary information along the bottom including the model and submodel at the top left.
On the backside, we have a diagram and product callout along with package contents.
The scope of delivery includes two CAT6 Ethernet cables, installation guide, and the power cable.
The front of the unit houses all status lights along the top of the bezel. Each drive tray has its own locking mechanism. At the bottom right, you will find the model number and top left Synology branding.
The backside is quite busy for this solution. Power input at the top left followed by dual 80mm fans. eSATA starts the second row and is followed by four Gbe LAN ports. Next, we have three USB 3.0 ports and another eSATA expansion port. In our PCIe slot, I have the Mellanox ConnectX SFP+ 10Gbe NIC ready for testing.
Making things quite a bit easier, Synology has placed the memory modules on the bottom of the NAS. With the quick removal of a few screws, you can swap out RAM sticks.
Looking at the backplane, we have an SAS compatible solution with a v1.2 silkscreened on it.
The drive trays are 100% plastic and tool-less.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1517+ SMB 10Gbe NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS1517+ SMB 10Gbe NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard