Packaging and a Closer Look
Following Synology trends, the packaging is still the brown box and a sticker to the right. This sticker houses all the necessary information along the bottom including the model and submodel at the top left.
On the backside, we have a diagram and product callout along with package contents.
The scope of delivery includes two CAT6 Ethernet cables, installation guide, and the power cable.
The front of the unit houses all status lights along the top of the bezel. Each drive tray has its own locking mechanism. At the bottom right, you will find the model number and top left Synology branding.
The backside is quite busy for this solution. Power input at the top left followed by dual 80mm fans. eSATA starts the second row and is followed by four Gbe LAN ports. Next, we have three USB 3.0 ports and another eSATA expansion port. In our PCIe slot, I have the Mellanox ConnectX SFP+ 10Gbe NIC ready for testing.
Making things quite a bit easier, Synology has placed the memory modules on the bottom of the NAS. With the quick removal of a few screws, you can swap out RAM sticks.
Looking at the backplane, we have an SAS compatible solution with a v1.2 silkscreened on it.
The drive trays are 100% plastic and tool-less.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1517+ SMB 10Gbe NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS1517+ SMB 10Gbe NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit