AMD's Ryzen platform is quite new; AMD and its partners are working very hard on fixing issues and getting things to work across the board. The CPU also doesn't validate that much higher than its maximum stable frequency. Memory overclocking is topped at 3200MHz on most motherboards, and bus adjustment is also very tricky.
Don't get me wrong, the CPU can overclock, mine does 4.0GHz, and the best I can get a kit is to 3000MHz. I will go through and tell you exactly what I did to achieve my maximum stable overclock, and as AMD's ecosystem of compatible memory kits becomes larger, I will add in a memory compatibility section.
All I had to do to achieve the above overclock was set the CPU multiplier to 40X so that all my 1800X's cores go to 4GHz, and I let the motherboard automatically set the VCore. I know my CPU likes 1.35v for the VCore at 4GHz, and it turns out that is the perfect VCore for this CPU at that frequency.
Memory overclocking didn't get me above 2933MHz, as that was the highest this motherboard was able to take my kit. I set XMP and then set the memory multiplier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370-Gaming K7 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]