Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box is similar to that other GIGABYTE's other AORUS branded motherboards. Packaging is also very similar and protects the contents of the box from the nastiness of nature.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, RGBW extension cable, G-Connector, AORUS Velcros, two temperature probes, IO shield, SLI-HB bridge, AORUS base badge, AORUS stickers, driver DVD, and manual.
GIGABYTE put eight 4-pin fan headers on the K7. All the fan headers support both DC and PWM mode operation so that you can control all fans. The motherboard fan headers circled in blue support up to 2A of output for water pumps, while the rest support 1A. The motherboard has multiple built-in temperature probes, but also offers two headers circled in green, and you can hook up external temperature probes (included) to reference fan PWM aggressiveness.
The motherboard's simple black/silver aesthetics make it an awesome choice for those who want to pick the color of their builds. The back of the motherboard is bare, which is great.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 3.0 ports that support DAC-UP 2 (yellow), four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, three USB 3.1 type-A, one USB 3.1 type-C, two Gbit LAN ports, and gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple enough; the first two PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 to support SLI. The last x16 slot shares all of its bandwidth with all of the PCI-E x1 slots. There is a single 32Gb/s M.2 slot, and it shares all of its bandwidth with the U.2 port.
The motherboard features eight SATA6Gb/s ports, four of which can be used as two SATA Express ports. There is a single U.2 connector, and it shares bandwidth with the M.2 slot. Two USB 3.0 internal headers support DAC-UP 2.
At the bottom of the motherboard are headers for case buttons and features, there is also a POST Code display at the bottom of the motherboard. The motherboard has a power button, OC button, reset button, and a clear CMOS button.
A full-sized plastic strip is illuminated by RGB LEDs, and you can change it out for other designs. At the bottom of the motherboard, you get two USB 2.0 internal headers near a TPM header. There is an RGBW LED strip header near a dual BIOS switch and single BIOS mode selector switch.
There is an RGB LED header located right below the socket for AMD's coolers with integrated RGB LEDs. There are multiple heat sinks that cool down the VRMs and the PCH; they are all screwed down along with the shields.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370-Gaming K7 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada