Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare.
Unique Asthetics: The Designare line is built to be used in modded rigs and unique builds, and the Z270X-Designare delivers. The white PCB matched with the RGB LEDs is a light show waiting to impress anyone and possibly anyone who enjoys their electronics lighting up in new and exciting ways. You also get an RGBW/RGB LED header.
USB Variety: Sure you get USB 3.1 type-A and type-C on the rear along with USB 3.0, but the Designare also offers a bit more. Two of your rear USB 3.0 ports, the two yellow ones, offer GIGABYTE's DAC-UP 2 technology, which allows you to increase voltage or disable power it for data-only mode. The Z270X-Designare also offers a built-in USB 3.1 internal header for type-C devices, along with your typical USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 header.
Simple: There is only one M.2 slot, one U.2 port, and zero switches for moving around PCH bandwidth. That means you won't lose U.2 or your last x4 PCI-E 3.0 slot if you are using M.2, and vice versa. The simple links between the PCH and ports should also result in better performance, as the switches add a bit of latency.
Intel NIC: Surprisingly enough GIGABYTE didn't put a Killer NIC on this gamer/modder centric motherboard, it's nice to find the premium Intel NIC included.
Mainly for the Looks: The Z270X-Designare is a solid motherboard, don't get me wrong, but trade-offs have been made on the motherboard, so it trades overclocking features for better aesthetic appeal. If you want a motherboard with more overclocking features rather than RGB LEDs and looks, then there are other options from GIGABYTE.
The GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare is a unique and stunning motherboard, with a brilliant white/silver PCB and RGB LEDs in every nook and cranny, to satisfy you need to breed visually stunning hardware effects. The RGBW header is a nice touch as well. When it comes to features, the Z270X-Designare focuses on USB 3.1 for the rear ports and internal type-C header, along with USB 3.0 DAC-UP ports on the back of the motherboard, and M.2/U.2/PCI-E x4 slot for RAID of NVMe storage devices.
The motherboard is not without its caveats, after all, you don't get everything for $175. You only get a single M.2 slot, and the rear IO could feature some more ports instead of the large DVI connector. If you are an overclocker and want high overclocks, the motherboard is actually capable, but you will need active VRM cooling.
Overall, the Z270X-Designare has a very specific market, that market knows who they are, and the Designare is there to satisfy their needs so that they can show off the beautiful hardware in their builds.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE's Z270X-Designare is designed and marketed to those who need a uniquely beautiful motherboard to show off the beastly hardware inside their builds.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!