After installing the software and taking a firmware update, we opened it to find what you see here. The buttons tab is the first to address, and it is here that you can remap thirteen of the fifteen buttons on the V570. The left click and profile buttons are not reprogrammable, but all others can be set to do anything you can imagine related to PC commands.
What happens if you are to click on one of the buttons to reprogram them; a secondary page pops up. The first menu shown is for mouse functions, and there are fourteen options to choose from here.
If you are looking for keyboard functions to program to the V570, this is the tab you want. Here you can pick through the full 104 key layout, and it even offers multimedia controls along the bottom.
The software offers advanced function options too. This is where you can select things like DPI switching, axis locks, angle snapping, and virtual touch.
There is also a page where, had we programmed or imported any of our Macros, they would show in this window, and be selectable to program to any of the thirteen buttons.
There is also an ability to use multiple keystrokes in a cycle, reverse cycle, or in their current position. You click on the Add button, and press each keystroke, adding the next in line and so on. Consider us naive, but the best thing we can think to use this for would be chat for quick replies.
Back to the main menu now, we have selected the sensor tab. Here you can set the four levels of DPI, and also have the option for separated axis controls, from 50 DPI at the low-end, to 12,000 DPI at the top of the range.
The Macro editor can be reached from the tab in the main window, or from the Macro list page we saw previously. In it, you can do anything you wish to accomplish, with a full suite of options. We also see that the onboard storage of the V570 has 6990 bytes of room left.
The settings tab will allow users to address the polling rate via the slider, as well as enabling angle snapping, enabling the OSD, and disable mouse acceleration. Near the bottom, we find software and firmware versions, and there are driver specific buttons to back up the settings, restore to an earlier version, or reset the entire suite to its default settings.
By clicking on the multi-color dot at the top of the main menu, you can select which mode of RGB LEDs you wish to be displayed. There is a section to customize, which will allow users to set the color of each of the seven LEDs found inside. You can also select from the pre-defined options of a wave, wave inverted, and two random patterns. Random 1 mixes the colors across all of the LEDs, while Random 2 is a breathing mode, where all LEDS change colors at the same time.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Viper V570]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- Hitman HD Enhanced Collection released with launch trailer
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio