DOOM & Battlefield 1
When it comes to FPS and MMO gaming, we gave it all a spin. While DOOM and Battlefield 1 test a mouse in virtually the same manner, we found that movements are effortless. There is a whole other level of slickness to the ceramic pads used on the V570, and we found that after long hours of gaming, discomfort in our shoulder, forearm, and wrist was nearly nonexistent. With a full range of DPI to use, we could swing around any map with ease, and the additional snipe button allows for super accurate headshot ability. This is also where we feel the Viper is intended for those with larger hands, as some of the buttons were just out of range for us to access quickly, without a bit of hunting around needed to find buttons one, two, and eight.
We also took some time in the software to program the extra buttons, and in MMOS titles, this comes in very handy. We were able to not only set specific commands to the buttons, but we could set full on Macros so that one press of a button would run through various attacks and skills in one click. We tend not to play many MMO titles very much, but we can easily see where the Viper V570 would be the weapon of choice under your right hand for such titles.
Windows and Productivity
At first, we thought we had some lag issues, or that some other culprit was causing some of our actions to not be shown on screen, but it was while testing the Viper V570 in production that we realized what our only issue was. While not ever sample will have this issue, we found that the Omron switch under our left click button was sticky. Not only would it extend the use of a single press, we noticed that it also missed a few clicks here and there. Otherwise, the V570 functioned flawlessly, and even though our V570 did show a slight issue, we will not hold it against Patriot, as these things can happen, and with a two-year warranty covering it, the average user can easily RMA the mouse to rectify this situation.
While we thought the V570 was accurate in gaming when it came to editing photos, we loved the glide of the pads, and never seemed to overshoot our target. We also found that while we assumed the softer segmentation of the scroll wheel could be a bad thing, in daily use, we found it far easier to use to scroll pages. We also love the fact that all of the buttons can be used to simplify things like photo or video editors so that you can get more done with your thumb and first finger. There are only a few mice that offer this level of functionality, and even a tighter group of mice that do so with this level of access and still leaves room for your thumb to grip the mouse.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Viper V570]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!