Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Even though Patriot is better known for memory and flash memory products in the past, just like many other manufacturers do, they opted to move into the peripherals market. We have seen a couple of mice in the past from them thus far, and while one of the mice stood out as its own design, the other had a hint of Sentey design present in the device. This is not a bad thing either. Sentey may not be on your radar, but from what we have gathered in past reviews, there is nothing about their peripheral designs that would make us shy away from the product lineup. We feel it is a smart idea to borrow from companies who have had an excellent showing to reviewers and customers and incorporated those features into another product.
That being said, there is much about this latest mouse from Patriot to make it a stand out product. Things like a massive amount of buttons for those who feel two extra buttons just don't cover needs of today's gamers. RGB is all the rage right now, but while most mice have a single, or maybe a pair of zones, this mouse delivers four LED zones, all of which can be programmed and customized over various profiles. There is a highly textured thumb grip added into the design to ensure the mouse will not slip from your hands in the heat of battle, and outside of Sentey mice, this Patriot mouse has one of the lowest coefficients of friction when it comes to movement.
There has been a build-up to this product from Patriot, with the release of two mice before this one, but we do feel that the new Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse is the best of the bunch. If past offerings had you leaning toward Patriot for a new mouse, what you are about to see in the V570 is above and beyond what Patriot has offered, and is also a step above most other mice currently on the market. While the V570 is designed to fit only the right-hand crowd of gamers, we feel this design brings forth everything that a hardcore gamer wants in their mouse, and is well worth your time to have a look at what we are about to show you.
The Patriot Viper V570 gaming mouse is a hybrid design, where Patriot is offering the best of both worlds to FPS and MMO gamers. The mouse is covered with a two-year warranty against any defects in workmanship, and at the bottom of the chart, we see the dimensions and weight. The Viper V570 is 159.2 grams without the adjustable weights added into the mix. Dimensionally, it is 133mm from front to back, it is 80mm wide, and stands 44mm tall at the highest point. The Viper V570 is made mostly of plastic covered with a soft touch coating on some parts, mixed with others with a glossy finish. The left side has a rubberized section for better grip, while the right is contoured to fit finger for those who need to lift the mouse a lot. While the majority of the V570 is black, Patriot chose to make all of the secondary buttons red to match the Viper logo on the heel, and of course, the entire V570 is wrapped with four RGB LED zones.
On the right of the chart, we find a list of features which the V570 boasts of. There is an extreme precision laser sensor, which is a software tweaked Avago ADNS 9800 laser sensor, capable of up to 12,000 DPI. The RGB zones are customizable via software, but by default cycle through all the 16.8 million color options it offers. The design is ergonomic for right-hand users, for both MMO and FPS games. The RGB lighting can be set to various profiles so that each profile displays a different combination of RGB lighting, and all told there are thirteen programmable Macro keys. One of the best features is the ceramic foot pads under the V570, which makes movement effortless. There are four DPI LED indicator lights to signify which level is in use, there are seven additional weights, weighing 4.9 grams each, and there is zero delay, which we assume refers to the polling rate.
Beyond all of the styling and features, there is still one more fantastic thing going for the V570, and that is the price. While the MSRP is set to $59.99, which can be seen on the V570 product page at Patriot's product page, from what we see now, that is only a starting point. Newegg has the Viper V570 listed currently for $56.20, which isn't all that great of a deal, but saving money is always a good thing. However, if you want to find the best deal out there, we suggest you look to Amazon.com. It is there, where we have found that the Patriot Viper V570 is selling for just $48.53, and if you are a Prime member, shipping is free too. Rarely do we find a mouse that is this well-equipped priced under the $50 mark, but this is an instance where bang for the buck is quite high.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Viper V570]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Online mirrors GTA Online, has story co-op and PVP
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement