Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads
Sequential read put the WD Red 10TB right up with the IronWolf producing 210 MB/s read from QD1 through QD32.
Write performance to hit close to 220 MB/s from QD1 to QD8. After that, we see 210 MB/s through QD32.
Latency shows the WD Red 10TB start near 1ms and moves up to 5ms at QD8. QD32 finishes out at 19ms.
Write latency again starts at 1ms, hits 5ms at QD8, and QD32 sits at 19ms.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The WD Red 10TB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 10TB 5400rpm HDD retails for £308.35 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Red 10TB]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – IOMeter 4K Throughput and Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Datacenter Workloads]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – RAID 0 Performance]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]