IOMeter 4K Throughput and Latency
Starting off, we see around 150 IOPS at QD1 moving up to 220 at QD2. QD4 expands further to 310 IOPS, and at QD8, we reach 400 IOPS. In the end, we see near 600 IOPS for the 10TB Red just behind the IronWolf 10TB.
Write IOPS is a little different, performance is quite steady instead of starting out low and ending high. For this test, we see 610 IOPS QD1 then a slight drop to 570 IOPS from QD2 through QD8. The performance then jumps back up to 610-620 IOPS and finishes strong a good 50 IOPS above the IronWolf 10TB.
Latency tells a similar story. The 10TB Red starts out around 8ms at QD1, somewhere in the middle at QD8 we see 20ms and finishing at QD32 53ms.
While write IOPS are very consistent, we see latency in a different light. At QD1, the 10TB Red sits at 4ms, moving up to QD8 that changes to 15ms and QD32 peaks at 50ms, 20ms quicker than the 8TB WD Red and 8ms over the IronWolf.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD Red 10TB NAS HDD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD Red 10TB NAS HDD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz