IOMeter 4K Throughput and Latency
Starting off, we see around 150 IOPS at QD1 moving up to 220 at QD2. QD4 expands further to 310 IOPS, and at QD8, we reach 400 IOPS. In the end, we see near 600 IOPS for the 10TB Red just behind the IronWolf 10TB.
Write IOPS is a little different, performance is quite steady instead of starting out low and ending high. For this test, we see 610 IOPS QD1 then a slight drop to 570 IOPS from QD2 through QD8. The performance then jumps back up to 610-620 IOPS and finishes strong a good 50 IOPS above the IronWolf 10TB.
Latency tells a similar story. The 10TB Red starts out around 8ms at QD1, somewhere in the middle at QD8 we see 20ms and finishing at QD32 53ms.
While write IOPS are very consistent, we see latency in a different light. At QD1, the 10TB Red sits at 4ms, moving up to QD8 that changes to 15ms and QD32 peaks at 50ms, 20ms quicker than the 8TB WD Red and 8ms over the IronWolf.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD Red 10TB NAS HDD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD Red 10TB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 10TB 5400rpm HDD retails for £296.48 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series