Here are key points about the ThinkStation P910.
Intense Hardware: The GPU itself makes up more than half the cost of the workstation, chiming in at $5000, the Quadro P6000 has 24GB of RAM will handle your CAD or 3D software application loads with ease. The dual Xeons are also a very nice touch, and the 1300W PSU allows you to easily upgrade other hardware.
Modular Design: The ThinkStation P910 is totally modular. Everything but the CPU heat sink can be quickly and easily replaced by just about anyone. All the little red tabs you see indicate where to push or pull to unlock the unit and remove it. It's also a totally tool-less design.
Extreme Upgrade Capacity: The 1300W PSU is overkill for the hardware the workstation comes with, but it's easy to see why. None of the eight slots for SATA/SAS drives are filled, 14 memory DIMMs are empty, and seven PCI-E slots of varying sizes are available for your hardware.
Surprisingly Quiet: I was shocked at how quiet the P910 workstation is, especially after having reviewed the P410 which is almost too loud. The way Lenovo has designed the cooling apparatus has resulted in a machine with bearable acoustics.
Single Channel Memory: Lenovo provides each of the CPUs with only a single stick of memory. The point being that the end-user will add more memory, but it's a lot easier for things to work smoothly when using memory sticks of the same make and model.
Very Heavy: You won't be disappointed if you judge your purchases by their weight. At 66lbs, the P910 in our configuration weights like you $8500 of computer hardware, you will probably need someone to help you move the workstation in place if you don't have a dolly.
The Lenovo ThinkStation P910 is a beast, and Lenovo has even stated it is the most powerful PC they produce. It has one of the more powerful Quadros, dual Xeons, plenty of upgrade space, and a monster 1300W PSU to power it all.
The way Lenovo has designed the workstation to be modular and tool-less at the same time is impressive. If someone gave me the task of designing the ultimate PC to ensure everything was cooled correctly and was easy to upgrade, I don't think I could have done a better job myself.
The ThinkStation P910 is a true workhorse for those who design our future and maintain our present.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Lenovo's ThinkStation P910 is a powerful workstation designed for the most demanding workloads and features a unique totally tool-less and modular capability.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the ThinkStation P910]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!