The USB, power, and HDD activity indicators on the front panel are backlight with white light.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
AIDA64 FPU Tests
HandBrake Video Encoding
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Writing Test
SuperPI MOD 1.5
Lenovo 's ThinkStation P910 uses dual Xeons, but they only Turbo up to 3GHz. Each Xeon has 8 cores and 16 threads, and together they can handle 32 threads. However, the application needs to be able to take advantage of more than one node (CPU), and some applications don't have this capability. Most popular workstation applications can take advantage of more than one CPU, but applications like HandBrake cannot.
I should also note that Lenovo only loaded one DIMM per CPU, so adding in three other memory sticks to each CPU will give you quad channel mode on each CPU instead of single channel mode (as it is shipped).
Storage and Network Performance
External Storage (USB)
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The ThinkStation P910's SSD is extremely fast; the SM961 is basically like a 960 Pro/EVO, so you can expect the 32Gb/s saturated read speeds of 3.5GB/s as we see here.
The workstation's USB 3.0 speeds are quite good as well. Network performance is also top notch, I have tested a lot of PCs using the Intel NICs used in this PC, and they are great NICs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the ThinkStation P910]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit