The USB, power, and HDD activity indicators on the front panel are backlight with white light.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
AIDA64 FPU Tests
HandBrake Video Encoding
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Writing Test
SuperPI MOD 1.5
Lenovo 's ThinkStation P910 uses dual Xeons, but they only Turbo up to 3GHz. Each Xeon has 8 cores and 16 threads, and together they can handle 32 threads. However, the application needs to be able to take advantage of more than one node (CPU), and some applications don't have this capability. Most popular workstation applications can take advantage of more than one CPU, but applications like HandBrake cannot.
I should also note that Lenovo only loaded one DIMM per CPU, so adding in three other memory sticks to each CPU will give you quad channel mode on each CPU instead of single channel mode (as it is shipped).
Storage and Network Performance
External Storage (USB)
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The ThinkStation P910's SSD is extremely fast; the SM961 is basically like a 960 Pro/EVO, so you can expect the 32Gb/s saturated read speeds of 3.5GB/s as we see here.
The workstation's USB 3.0 speeds are quite good as well. Network performance is also top notch, I have tested a lot of PCs using the Intel NICs used in this PC, and they are great NICs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the ThinkStation P910]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!