Here are key points about the Avant Garde.
Hefty Hardware: The AVADirect Avant Garde is loaded to the brim with high-performance hardware. Two GTX 1080 Ti Found Edition GPUs in SLI, two 960 EVOs in RAID 0, the Maximus IX Formula, and an overclocked 7700K are a match made in heaven, and perhaps the best combination for gaming currently on the market.
Beautiful: The Avant Garde is perhaps the most beautiful PC I have ever reviewed. Something about the red/pink case fans matched with the blue cabling and RGB LEDs is an awesome color combination. The best part is that you have tempered glass on six out of the eight sides of the chassis so you can always enjoy the beauty within.
Clean Cabling: Whoever built this Avant Garde did an excellent job with the wiring. The build is clean, so clean that even the backside of the motherboard tray where you usually hide your wires is clean, so clean you won't be embarrassed showing off the backside of your rig.
No Bloatware: A lot of PC buyers get a nice helping of custom software from the vendors who built their systems. That isn't true for the Avant Garde, and you can install software for the motherboard, but there is no reason too, and AVADirect doesn't impose that on you.
RGBW LED Strip Control: The RGBW strip uses a controller that you can't control, it runs the strip in a rainbow configuration that cycles. Some people might not like it and might want more control, but it looked great to me. UPDATE: There is in fact a remote controller included with the system that we missed. Apologies!
The AVADirect Avant Garde is one of the best gaming PCs you can buy right now if you want to play the latest triple-A titles in 4K. Under 4K, you really don't need the second GPU since you will be CPU bound, but at 4K, we see some huge gains with the SLI setup. I was very impressed with the build quality and how well they hid the cables.
I really enjoyed the lighting, and while some people might be anti-RGB, I feel that if you use them tastefully like AVADirect does here, your PC can be displayed as a piece of art.
While the Avant Garde in our configuration costs as much as a really cheap used car, it's so much more fun and is an excellent weapon for 4K gaming.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||95%|
The Bottom Line: AVADirect's Avant Garde gaming PC is both the beauty and the beast when it comes to high-performance 4K gaming.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Avant Garde]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit