To remove any of the side panels you just need to remove four thumbscrews. It looks like AVADirect did an excellent job of routing the cables, but I was a bit surprised they didn't use cable combs. The 1TB HDD is mounted on the rear of the chassis.
The two GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition GPUs use an EVGA high-bandwidth SLI bridge. The Maximus IX Formula motherboard has a ton of RGB LEDs built into the motherboard as well as a full body shield. It looks like AVADirect routes some required water cooling cables under the shield to the bottom ports.
The USB 3.0 internal cable is plugged into the right-angled USB 3.0 header beneath the bottom GPU. At the bottom we see the USB 2.0 internal cable attached to the Corsair H100i V2 water cooling unit, the HD Audio header is routed to the front panel, and both chassis fan headers are occupied.
Both the M.2 slots are used, one is vertical while the other is underneath an M.2 cover. We can see the wires routed under the shield, and that is no easy task to accomplish. Having reviewed this motherboard, I can attest to the difficulty of removing the shield as you have to remove the rear shield before you can remove the front. Corsair's RGB LED controller for the fans is mounted behind the motherboard tray, and all six RGB controller ports are occupied.
The SP Lighting Controller is mounted on the rear of the motherboard tray, and it's a redundant system as the case has the same buttons mounted on top. The motherboard does offer an RGBW LED strip that encompasses the bottom, front, and top of the inside lip of the right side-panel, but you cannot control it. It uses an RGBW LED controller which only offers a rainbow/fade cycle. I did see an option for a different RGB LED strip scheme with a remote.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Avant Garde]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit