Packaging and System
The Avant Garde is shipped fully built inside a huge AVADirect box, not pictured. The typical way to ship a system is inside the box of the case, and that is what AVADirect has done here. They also provide extra power cables for the PSU and the extra sleeved cables. To ensure that internals don't shift during shipping, foam is placed inside the PC, all you have to do is pull it out.
They do include a nice yellow warning paper with instructions for preparing the unit for use.
All the fans are Corsair SP120 high performance RGB LED fans; this is their default color. The case is just beautiful but extremely heavy. The front shows off three of the fans through tempered glass. The rear of the unit features the IO panel, an exhaust fan, and PSU.
The rear IO panel features a clear CMOS button, BIOS Flashback button, WIFI antenna ports, HDMI, DisplayPort, four USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF. Collectively the two GPUs offer six DisplayPort and two HDMI ports. The PSU also has an ECO switch, by default it's in the OFF position.
Both side panels use tempered glass and are very hard to photograph because of the glare, but in person, they look awesome. The default color theme here is red/pink and blue, and it looks rad. I am not a big fan of transparent back-side side panels as you can see the cabling, but AVADirect's builders did a nice job of routing and hiding wires, so it doesn't look half bad.
The top of the unit also features tempered glad. The unit offers two USB 3.0 ports, headphone jack, and microphone jack. Right above the power button are three buttons that control the RGB LEDs built into the six fans. One changes the mode, another changes time interval, and the last changes color. The bottom of the unit features a slide-out dust filter you can pull out from behind. Two large feet stabilize the case, which is extremely heavy.
The top of the unit also features an easily removable dust filter. Although the fans are Corsair SP120 fans, AVADirect has customized them with stickers; you wouldn't know they were from Corsair except that they work with Corsair's entire RGB LED system.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Avant Garde]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!