Packaging and System
The Avant Garde is shipped fully built inside a huge AVADirect box, not pictured. The typical way to ship a system is inside the box of the case, and that is what AVADirect has done here. They also provide extra power cables for the PSU and the extra sleeved cables. To ensure that internals don't shift during shipping, foam is placed inside the PC, all you have to do is pull it out.
They do include a nice yellow warning paper with instructions for preparing the unit for use.
All the fans are Corsair SP120 high performance RGB LED fans; this is their default color. The case is just beautiful but extremely heavy. The front shows off three of the fans through tempered glass. The rear of the unit features the IO panel, an exhaust fan, and PSU.
The rear IO panel features a clear CMOS button, BIOS Flashback button, WIFI antenna ports, HDMI, DisplayPort, four USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF. Collectively the two GPUs offer six DisplayPort and two HDMI ports. The PSU also has an ECO switch, by default it's in the OFF position.
Both side panels use tempered glass and are very hard to photograph because of the glare, but in person, they look awesome. The default color theme here is red/pink and blue, and it looks rad. I am not a big fan of transparent back-side side panels as you can see the cabling, but AVADirect's builders did a nice job of routing and hiding wires, so it doesn't look half bad.
The top of the unit also features tempered glad. The unit offers two USB 3.0 ports, headphone jack, and microphone jack. Right above the power button are three buttons that control the RGB LEDs built into the six fans. One changes the mode, another changes time interval, and the last changes color. The bottom of the unit features a slide-out dust filter you can pull out from behind. Two large feet stabilize the case, which is extremely heavy.
The top of the unit also features an easily removable dust filter. Although the fans are Corsair SP120 fans, AVADirect has customized them with stickers; you wouldn't know they were from Corsair except that they work with Corsair's entire RGB LED system.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Avant Garde]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam