Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z270-WS's box shows off all its main features and packaging is done well so that the internal components are well protected.
The accessory package includes user manual, support DVD, six SATA6Gb/s cables, COM port bracket, SLI bridge, 4-way SLI bridge, 3-way SLI bridge, Q-Connector, IO shield, USB 3.0 port bracket, M.2 screws, CPU installation tool, and RGB extension cable.
The Z270-WS has six PWM/DC mode headers, each of them can be set to either DC or PWM mode of operation through the UEFI or Windows program, but the CPU header circled in red will auto detect between the two modes and set it accordingly. The motherboard provides a high-amperage header circled in yellow which provides more than 2A of power, but the CPU fan header only supports up to 1A.
The motherboards sleek black and gray aesthetics match its no-nonsense attitude towards computing, with a focus on features and performance over looks. The back of the motherboard does carry a few controllers, but that's because the product is loaded to the brim with features.
The rear IO panel features HDMI, DisplayPort, four USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, BIOS FlashBack button, two Intel Gbit NICs, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
There are four x16 PCI-E slots that operate at x16/x0/x16/x0, x16/x0/x8/x8, x8/x8/x16/x0, or x8/x8/x8/x8, the center PCI-E x4 slot is wired to the PCH and doesn't share bandwidth with other slots or devices. There are two M.2 x4 PCI-E 3.0 slots with support for SATA devices; they share bandwidth with some SATA and U.2 ports. There is a 6-pin PCI-E power connector to provide the slows with extra 12v power when using all four slots.
There are six SATA 6Gb/s ports to the right of a U.2 port. A clear CMOS button is located above the SATA connectors. Below the 24-pin connector is a U.2 port and a USB 3.0 internal header.
A MemOK button can be used to boot up no matter your current memory settings. If you want to load XMP settings for your memory without having to enter the UEFI, you have the XMP switch, and RGB LED header, fan extension header, and front panel headers are located near a USB 3.1 internal header.
The motherboard also features a USB 2.0 internal header, a COM port header, POST code display, power button, and reset button. The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard, and make excellent contact with the components. The PCH and PLX bridge share a heat sink, and a heat pipe was added to move the extra heat from the PLX chip to another array of fins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Capcom makes Street Fighter V go free-to-play for 2 weeks
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!