Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z270-WS's box shows off all its main features and packaging is done well so that the internal components are well protected.
The accessory package includes user manual, support DVD, six SATA6Gb/s cables, COM port bracket, SLI bridge, 4-way SLI bridge, 3-way SLI bridge, Q-Connector, IO shield, USB 3.0 port bracket, M.2 screws, CPU installation tool, and RGB extension cable.
The Z270-WS has six PWM/DC mode headers, each of them can be set to either DC or PWM mode of operation through the UEFI or Windows program, but the CPU header circled in red will auto detect between the two modes and set it accordingly. The motherboard provides a high-amperage header circled in yellow which provides more than 2A of power, but the CPU fan header only supports up to 1A.
The motherboards sleek black and gray aesthetics match its no-nonsense attitude towards computing, with a focus on features and performance over looks. The back of the motherboard does carry a few controllers, but that's because the product is loaded to the brim with features.
The rear IO panel features HDMI, DisplayPort, four USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, BIOS FlashBack button, two Intel Gbit NICs, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
There are four x16 PCI-E slots that operate at x16/x0/x16/x0, x16/x0/x8/x8, x8/x8/x16/x0, or x8/x8/x8/x8, the center PCI-E x4 slot is wired to the PCH and doesn't share bandwidth with other slots or devices. There are two M.2 x4 PCI-E 3.0 slots with support for SATA devices; they share bandwidth with some SATA and U.2 ports. There is a 6-pin PCI-E power connector to provide the slows with extra 12v power when using all four slots.
There are six SATA 6Gb/s ports to the right of a U.2 port. A clear CMOS button is located above the SATA connectors. Below the 24-pin connector is a U.2 port and a USB 3.0 internal header.
A MemOK button can be used to boot up no matter your current memory settings. If you want to load XMP settings for your memory without having to enter the UEFI, you have the XMP switch, and RGB LED header, fan extension header, and front panel headers are located near a USB 3.1 internal header.
The motherboard also features a USB 2.0 internal header, a COM port header, POST code display, power button, and reset button. The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard, and make excellent contact with the components. The PCH and PLX bridge share a heat sink, and a heat pipe was added to move the extra heat from the PLX chip to another array of fins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit