Control of this platform comes completely from the app. We are using it with our iPhone 7 Plus. To get started, you will want to plug in your first device alone and go through the next few steps using Bluetooth on your phone to set up the app. Once the first unit is complete, the app allows you to set up additional units one by one.
Diving into the dashboard, you get a quick overview of how many devices are on the system and your latest WAN upload and download speed. At the top, you can see all the Deco units in your Mesh network.
The settings menu gives you access to Wi-Fi and parental control along with the built-in anti-virus and QoS.
The AntiVirus platform is a partnership with TrendMicro. It includes a malicious content filter, intrusion, and quarantine systems.
Parental controls are among the easiest to setup. You simply name it, choose a filter level, and apply time controls if needed.
QoS allows you to choose what is most important to you and the Deco will adjust bandwidth accordingly.
Advanced controls include IPv4 and IPv6 controls along with the ability to control the small LED on the top of each unit. You can adjust notifications here too.
Control for notifications is limited to devices connecting to your network, firmware updates and reports and the end of each month.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit