Control of this platform comes completely from the app. We are using it with our iPhone 7 Plus. To get started, you will want to plug in your first device alone and go through the next few steps using Bluetooth on your phone to set up the app. Once the first unit is complete, the app allows you to set up additional units one by one.
Diving into the dashboard, you get a quick overview of how many devices are on the system and your latest WAN upload and download speed. At the top, you can see all the Deco units in your Mesh network.
The settings menu gives you access to Wi-Fi and parental control along with the built-in anti-virus and QoS.
The AntiVirus platform is a partnership with TrendMicro. It includes a malicious content filter, intrusion, and quarantine systems.
Parental controls are among the easiest to setup. You simply name it, choose a filter level, and apply time controls if needed.
QoS allows you to choose what is most important to you and the Deco will adjust bandwidth accordingly.
Advanced controls include IPv4 and IPv6 controls along with the ability to control the small LED on the top of each unit. You can adjust notifications here too.
Control for notifications is limited to devices connecting to your network, firmware updates and reports and the end of each month.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System – Homecare Support, Seamless Roaming, Dynamic Backhaul, Adaptive Routing, Works with Amazon Alexa, Up to 5,500 sq. ft. Coverage (M5) retails for $174.75 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Deco M5 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System | Up to 4,500 sq. ft. Coverage | Unique Antivirus Security Protection and Parental Controls | Works with Alexa and IFTTT | 3-Pack retails for £299.00 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!