Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part; the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
R7000P is light blue in the chart above. With 2.4GHz, we see 101 Mbps at the start and at 20Ft out that drops to 78 Mbps. At 30Ft, we end our testing with 32 Mbps.
The 5GHz band starts at 557 Mbps. Moving to 20Ft, this stays steady, and at 30Ft, we see some movement down to 385 Mbps.
Storage performance wasn't terrible for the R7000P. Write performance topped out at 18 MB/s with a 1GB file size while read performance managed 68 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scarlett to have mid-grade and enthusiast consoles
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire