Throughout our testing, Crucial's MX300 had no problems exceeding the minimums we have in place for TLC-based SSDs. The MX300 really delivered the goods as demonstrated by our transfer testing where it was able to sustain a 28.6GB transfer at well over 500MB/s. This is exceptional performance for any SATA based SSD, let alone a TLC -based SSD. The MX300 proved to be a write-centric SSD which bodes well for storing and transferring large amounts of data, which will be common practice on any high capacity storage device.
As we see it, Crucial's MX300 is the best path to high-capacity mechanical free storage. Even with SSD pricing on the rise, the MX300 is still supremely affordable in high capacities. While the MX300 isn't the best performing SSD on the market, the performance it offers is good enough that you would be hard pressed to notice a difference between it and far more expensive high-capacity SATA SSDs.
Crucial adds in additional value when you purchase an MX300 SSD. Included for free with the drive is a copy of Acronis HD which the best cloning software available. That is a huge value add, as is Crucial's Storage Executive software suite which gives you drive management and caching capabilities that are hugely beneficial for keeping your SSD running its best. Additionally, the MX300 gives you more capacity than any other terabyte-class SSDs on the market.
Crucial's MX300 series SSDs deliver an excellent SSD user experience at a very low price point, which is why it is TweakTown recommended.
- Price Point
- Write Performance
- Build Quality
- Free Software
- Workload performance
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||95%|
The Bottom Line: Free yourself from mechanical storage with Crucial's affordable, high-capacity MX300 SSDs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Crucial MX300 1050GB and 2050GB SATA III SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Crucial MX300 1050GB and 2050GB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced