Inside the CR480
The front bezel has metal tabs which make removal of the bezel somewhat tough to do. However, with it out of the way, we can see the I/O panel is mounted to the chassis, and we can also see a single fan location with a dust filter in place.
Looking inside of this chassis for the first time, we find a standard layout for many mid-tower cases. The wires have been tied to the motherboard tray, and the hardware is tucked away in the HDD bays, ensuring no damage to the window in this side panel.
At the top, we find the pair of 5.25" drive bays. There are quick release tabs used along the back of this side, but for secure mounting, we suggest screws at the front as well as on the other side.
Just under the ODD bays, in the widest section of the interior, we find the 120mm intake fan. Riotoro is still using the FBK120 fans in this CR480, and are known to be a bit noisy.
On the floor, still at the front of the chassis, we find a cage which is permanently mounted into the CR480. This drive cage uses slides but is capable of housing three 3.5" drives.
The motherboard tray delivers three holes without grommets for the wires, it has a long CPU cooler opening, and six locations to tie wires down. The motherboard tray standoffs are not marked, but there is a helper standoff in the middle, and the other eight standoffs are in place to accept an ATX motherboard.
The floor of the chassis has small rubber pads to support the PSU, and just in front of those is the optional 120mm fan location. There is a large hole in the motherboard tray to pass wires through, but again we do not find a grommet in it.
The back of the CR480 is where the second preinstalled fan is located, and both fans use a 3-pin connection for power. The expansion slot covers are locked in with thumbscrews, but access is external, even though there is a section of the frame removed there where normal access would be.
Behind the motherboard tray, space is limited to 20mm of room. The lower section of the motherboard tray is deeper at 30mm of room, but off to the left is where you could easily stash a bunch of wires. The metal frames on the left, in the middle, is where you can mount a pair of 2.5" drives.
We like that all of the wires are black, and have enough length that once connected there is some left over to wire correctly. There is the native USB 3.0 connection closest to us, followed by the HD Audio. At the top, we find four wires from the LEDs and switches, covering the power and reset buttons, the HDD LED, and the power LED found under the front bezel.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Riotoro CR480 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CR480]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution