Packaging and Overview
The box for the C7Z270-PG is almost identical to that of the C7Z270-CG I reviewed a few months ago. It's a unique design and does a nice job of protecting the motherboard.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, driver DVD, quick-start guide, and IO panel.
The C7Z270-PG has five fan headers circled in red. Each of the fan headers supports 2.5A output and offers PWM control. However, while all that is great, the headers do not support DC/voltage mode 3-pin fan control, if you plug in a 3-pin fan, it will run full speed. Supermicro has worked on UEFI-based fan control, and you will need to use 3rd party software like SpeedFan to control the fans in Windows. The motherboards black, gray, and silver aesthetics look quite nice, but I am confused they Supermicro didn't add a shield over the rear IO and audio like they did on the C7Z270-CG. The back of the motherboard has very few rear components, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, three USB 3.1 type-A ports, one USB 3.1 type-C port, two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0, two Gbit Intel LAN ports, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
There are four x16 PCI-E slots that operate at x16/x0/x16/x0, x16/x0/x8/x8, x8/x8/x16/x0, or x8/x8/x8/x8. The C7Z270-PG is one of the few Z270 motherboards with the PEX chip that effectively doubles PCI-E bandwidth to the PCI-E slots for 3 and 4-way SLI/CrossFireX. The middle PCI-E x4 slot is wired directly to the PCH. The motherboard offers six SATA6Gb/s ports and two U.2 ports. One of the U.2 ports shares bandwidth with one of the M.2 slots.
There are two 32Gb/s M.2 slots that can RAID. One of the M.2 slots shares its bandwidth with one of the U.2 ports. The motherboard also features an onboard speaker, thankfully, that you can disable it by changing the jumper to its right.
The motherboard has power, reset, and clear CMOS buttons located at the top right of the motherboard. The motherboard also features a POST code display to help figure out issues. A COM port is located in the lower right corner near front panel headers.
There are three USB 2.0 headers located to the left of a USB 3.0 internal header. All the heat sinks are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top