Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IX Hero (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K (buy from Amazon) / (Read our Review)
- Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Hybrid (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD (buy from Amazon) / (Read our Review)
- Secondary Storage: MyDigitalSSD BP5 512GB SSD (buy from Amazon)
- Case: EVGA DG-86 (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 (buy from Amazon)
- Networking: ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 (buy from Amazon)
- Networking: ASUS ROG 10G Express
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
The 5N2 uses the Drobo Dashboard for setup and configuring. To start this process, we first sign up for a Drobo support account.
Here we have the landing page for the 5N2. As you can see to the right, Dashboard has found our 5N2, and it is unlocked ready to go.
Status gives us an overview of the 5N2, including installed drives to the far right and further details on firmware and uptime in the center.
Going to the Network information tab, we see the MAC, IP Address and currently active port speed and duplex.
Moving on, we look at the capacity menu. This shows us a breakdown of the current volume. We have 16TB available for data with 5.6 used for data protection.
To access the data on the 5N2, you need to create shares. Above, I have created and mounted a Public share for testing.
Drobo Apps are listed by category. These categories include cloud and remote access, entertainment and media along with network and system applications.
In the tools menu, you will find the ability to control the lights on the NAS along with reset and updating the firmware.
Drobo Settings gives you access to the redundancy settings. Here you can switch from dual to single along with controlling disk spin down.
Network settings allow you to configure the name and workgroup along with the interface and NIC bonding.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Drobo 5N2 Five-Bay NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Drobo 5N2 Five-Bay NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit