Here are key points about the MSI GS63VR STEALTH PRO 4K.
Super Slim: The notebook is one of the slimmest gaming notebooks I have ever reviewed, and it's extremely impressive. The amount of power packed into a notebook of this size is almost unfathomable, a few years ago I would have never thought it would be possible.
Extremely Powerful: The notebook delivers a good amount of gaming horsepower. It will handle almost any game you throw at it and if not at 4K then at 2K or 1080P. There are only a few notebooks in the charts that are better for gaming and offer a better gaming experience. As I said earlier, Kaby Lake and Pascal are a match made in heaven for gaming notebooks, their power to performance ratios are much better than their predecessors.
Keyboard: I really enjoyed using the keyboard on this notebook, and that is a personal thing, but I think others will like it as well. While the keys are not mechanical, they offer a very enjoyable feedback feeling; it's soft to the touch but reactive at the same time. It is also silent, and I liked the backlit RGB LEDs.
ThunderBolt 3 and USB 3.0: Some notebooks lack a good amount of connectivity options, but not this one. You get many USB 3.0 ports, enough to not require a hub. You also get the best type-C port on the market; the ThunderBolt 3 port. ThunderBolt 3 is the epitome of type-C including USB 3.1, DisplayPort, and Power Delivery in a single port.
4K Display: Need a notebook that can stream 4K Netflix, and perhaps even output it? The notebook has you covered with Kaby Lake and a 4K display panel, and it has HDMI 2.0 which is a requirement to display the 4K content on an external display.
Battery Life: You are giving up battery life for a slimmer machine, we can't have it all just yet, maybe a few years down the line we will get 8 hours of gaming on the go, but for now it's only a few.
Speakers: While the headphone jack is amplified and sounds excellent, the speakers don't.
You Can't Upgrade: You won't be able to upgrade the M.2 drive or RAM.
MSI worked their way into the US notebook market with a slow and steady approach. Around five years ago we started to see MSI enter the gaming notebook market, and they have become a very popular brand in the gaming notebook industry. The GS63VR STEALTH PRO 4K is my first experience with an MSI gaming notebook, and I won't lie, I am very impressed.
It's a powerful gaming notebook with a beautiful display, keyboard, and overall body. I also like the felt on the bottom of the notebook. I do want to say that you will not be able to play AAA titles at 4K, I think the 4K panel is more for older games or streaming Netflix in 4K. These days you need a desktop 7600K and a GTX 1070 to comfortably play the latest games in 4K, so that should not be a surprise. However, 1080P and 1440P gaming are possible with some AAA titles, and that is impressive for a notebook this thin.
If you are looking for a gaming notebook that is actually portable and delivers excellent performance, you should definitely check out the GS63VR Stealth Pro 4K.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: MSI's GS63VR STEALTH PRO 4K is a sleek, slim, powerful, and most of all portable high-end gaming notebook.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director