Packaging and Overview
The box of the motherboard is similar to that of other ASRock Fatal1ty series motherboards and packaging is in line with what ASRock does with their mid to low-end Z170 motherboards.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, M.2 screws, driver DVD, postcard, and manual.
The Fatal1ty B250M Performance has four fan headers. There are two CPU fan headers rated for 1A; one is a 3-pin voltage/DC-mode header circled in yellow. One chassis fan header circled in blue is a PWM only header. The CPU fan header and other system fan header can change between PWM and DC mode; the system fan headers will detect the type of fan plugged into them.
The motherboard's aesthetics are surprisingly decent for such an inexpensive motherboard. The black PCB and red accents set the stage for a nice red and black build. The back of the motherboard is bare of components except for two drivers for the CPU VRM.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, VGA, DVI, HDMI, three USB 3.0 type-A, USB 3.0 type-C, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, headphone jack, microphone jack, and line-in jack.
The x16 slot at the top is routed to the CPU, it has reinforced aluminum, and it is routed directly to the CPU. The last PCI-E 3.0 x4 slot shares its bandwidth with one of the M.2 slots. There are two extra x1 PCI-E slots that are flexible, meaning you can fit in a larger card in the smaller slot. Six SATA6Gb/s ports are also provided.
There are two Ultra M.2 slots that operate at 32Gb/s; the bottom one shares its bandwidth with the x4 PCI-E 3.0 slot. You cannot use them in RAID.
A USB 3.0 internal header is located below the 24-pin connector. There is an RGB LED header located at the top right-hand corner of the motherboard.
The clear CMOS header is located in the bottom right corner of the motherboard near the case headers. Two USB 2.0 headers are located here as well as the TPM header. There is an LPT port header to the right of a COM header in case you want to hook up your retro printer.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit