Packaging and Overview
The Z270X-GAMING SOC we received was in a white box, so I don't have the retail accessories or packaging. Mine did come with the OC Touch Panel, but the retail Z270X-Gaming SOC's will not come with one.
The OC Touch Panel is for extreme overclocking, moving the buttons off the motherboard and onto a separate PCB ensures they don't freeze over. The panel also offers six full speed fan headers, BCLK +/-, Gear (change BCLK increments), Ratio +/-, Battery Clear, Clear CMOS, Reset, and power buttons. Voltage read headers are located along the bottom. The panel also has a trigger (down to x8 multiplier), single BIOS mode, and iGPU disable switches. A CPU Mode switch is also present, offering S, K, or N modes of operation (I have no idea what those modes are).
The Z270X-GAMING SOC has five fan headers circled in blue. Every header supports up to 2A and offers either PWM or DC mode operation. You can select operation mode through the UEFI or System Information Viewer in Windows. The motherboard's orange and black aesthetic is unique very vivid in person. The motherboard also offers RGB LED support through built-in LEDs and headers. The back of the motherboard is bare of components.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports (DAC-UP 2 ports in yellow), OC Ignition switch (provides power without system startup), HDMI, DisplayPort, two USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF optical.
The first, third, and fourth PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. The motherboard supports 2-way SLI or 3-way CrossFireX. The second PCI-E x16 slot is electrically x4 and shares bandwidth with the M2P_32G M.2 connector. When both are occupied each runs at x2 instead of x4. The motherboard offers two 90-degree USB 3.0 type-A ports on the right side of the motherboard adjacent to a U.2 connector.
The motherboard has two 32Gb/s M.2 ports, the bottom one shares bandwidth with the second PCI-E x16 slot.
The motherboard also offers eight SATA6Gb/s ports, six from the CPU and two from an ASMedia controller. A USB 3.0 internal header is located below the 24-pin power connector.
There are buttons on the motherboard, and they include power, reset, clear CMOS, Turbo, ratio up, and ratio down buttons. The motherboard also features a POST Code display, boot LEDs, HDD activity LED, Dual-BIOS disable switch, and BIOS selection switch. The OC connector which allows you to connect the OC Touch panel to the motherboard is located at the bottom of the motherboard. A USB 2.0 internal header is located near a ThunderBolt internal GPIO header.
An RGBW header that supports RGB, RGBW, and UV LED strips is located near the audio gain switch and audio header. The heat sinks and shields are all screwed down to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z270X-GAMING SOC Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-GAMING SOC Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z270X-GAMING SOC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z270X-GAMING SOC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!