Never before have we seen a modular mouse on this scale. Sure, you can find mice with custom grips for the sides, ones with adjustable height, and even some that have color options of parts made from 3D printers, but never have we had various sensors and switches in one mouse. When we initially saw this product, we thought it was quite possible that we were getting a mouse with extra parts that we would likely never use most of the time for an exorbitant amount of money. While this is partially true, as we did gravitate to the purple switches and the optical sensor, but there is another way of looking at it too. For those that stick with one mouse, use it until it dies, then go and buy an identical replacement, the Morpha X can essentially double its lifespan. Because if either the switches or the sensor were to go out on you after two years of usage, you have extra parts on hand to continue merrily on your way without any additional investment required. The Morpha X is also a great product in that it allows users to buy one product, try out the various components with the same base, and do an apples to apples comparison as to what you like the most, and without breaking the bank to do so.
The feel of the mouse is great, and with the rubber side panels we could easily lift and shift the mouse anyway we needed to. It glides effortlessly on every surface we tried it on, and the rounded shape, while not ergonomically shifted to the right, is still comfortable and fatigue free. We love the fact that this mouse is not black all over, and even if gray is not your preferred color option for the trim, you can always change out the top covers and go with the white on black appearance too. The multiple profiles, the sheer amount of reprogrammable options, and the fully featured Macro editor make this product as good as any other we have tested in the past. On top of all of this, you can customize the colors of the LEDs to match any other hardware you have, and it is also capable of displaying the full range of RGB LED color options as well. The Morpha X is a solidly built, comfortable mouse with options galore. It is easy to see how this design is a perfect fit for anyone looking to find their next mouse.
From everything we have seen and the many hours of testing the various components which the Morpha X brings inside of the metal box, we are left with not one thing to complain about. While our expectations were to find a mouse that was more flash than it is functional, we are left shocked and in awe of what EpicGear has made. Considering that with the price point of just $89.99, where many other mice sell with half of the options of the Morpha X, it is easy to appreciate its value as well. For those of you out there who are unsure of the best sensor on the market, what switches to use, or what color the mouse or its lighting should be, stop limiting yourself with what has been available in the past. EpicGear has started a trend that we feel many companies will never dare to attempt and is why we believe that no matter your style, no matter what you think you may know about components, it takes a device such as the Morpha X Modular Gaming Mouse to put everything into perspective. EpicGear give you a mouse that can be custom tailored to your specific needs, wants, and desires from your mouse.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||99%|
The Bottom Line: Never before has a mouse like this been developed! The level of features, options, and functionality on the Morpha X are above and beyond what anyone else offers. EpicGear has started something that it will take years for other companies to catch up to.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EpicGear Morpha X Modular Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [EpicGear Morpha X Modular Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Morpha X]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada