X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio section on this motherboard is very much upgraded over other MSI motherboards I have reviewed. It uses the ALC1220 as well as two Texas Instruments OP1652 amplifiers. Nichicon Gold series capacitors and a physical divide of the PCB help improve audio quality.
Instead of using AMD's USB 3.1 from the X370 chipset, MSI uses the ASMedia ASM2142 USB 3.1 controller and an ASM1543 type-C switch chip. The Gbit LAN uses an Intel WGI211AT controller.
A Renesas R5F104ACA microcontroller is used to control the RGB LED effects and features. A Texas Instruments eFuse is used to protect the motherboard from reverse polarity insertion of the RGB LED header.
The main SuperIO is the NCT6795D, and it offers fan control, system monitoring, and the PS/2 on the rear IO. An NCT5605Y is used to provide extra fan control.
The motherboard has a single 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM. Multiple ASMedia 1480 quick switches switch PCI-E and SATA bandwidth between different devices.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz