The X370 GAMING PRO CARBON reveals some of its secrets once the heat sinks and shields are removed.
The VRM is in an 8+2 phase configuration, and it's actually the same exact VRM I found on the X370 SLI PLUS (different filter components). The Richtek RT8894A is the 4+2 phase PWM controller used to control the core and SOC rails. A Richtek RT9624F complements the three integrated ones from the PWM, and two more are used to drive the SOC rail.
Nikos PK616BA and PK632BA PowerPAK MOSFETs are used just like on the other X370 MSI motherboards we have reviewed. To get eight phases from the four, VRM components are doubled up on to each driver channel.
The memory VRM is a large single phase controlled by a Richtek RT8125E; it uses double the number of MOSFETs you find per phase.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man voice actor leaks Dr. Otto Octavius as a villain
- This new 'computer' makes a grain of rice look big
- 1440p monitors might be using 4K panels, as it's cheaper
- Razer and Microsoft could be working on Xbox keyboard, mouse
- NVIDIA celebrate Alan Turing's birthday, GTX 1180 confirmed?
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit