The X370 GAMING PRO CARBON reveals some of its secrets once the heat sinks and shields are removed.
The VRM is in an 8+2 phase configuration, and it's actually the same exact VRM I found on the X370 SLI PLUS (different filter components). The Richtek RT8894A is the 4+2 phase PWM controller used to control the core and SOC rails. A Richtek RT9624F complements the three integrated ones from the PWM, and two more are used to drive the SOC rail.
Nikos PK616BA and PK632BA PowerPAK MOSFETs are used just like on the other X370 MSI motherboards we have reviewed. To get eight phases from the four, VRM components are doubled up on to each driver channel.
The memory VRM is a large single phase controlled by a Richtek RT8125E; it uses double the number of MOSFETs you find per phase.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SCUM sells 1 million copies to date
- Next-gen PSVR may have eye-tracking, fight motion sickness
- Halo 6 sounds like it'll repeat Halo 5's mistakes
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.