Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box is colorful and features a racecar, the same one on the BIOS splash screen. Packaging is the same as we have seen with other MSI X370 products, your motherboard should arrive unharmed.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, RGB LED extension Y-cable, IO panel, SLI bridge, two SATA6Gb/s cables, cable label stickers, installation materials, manual, and driver DVD.
MSI offers six fan headers on this motherboard, one more than on the X370 SLI PLUS. All headers support DC or PWM mode operation, but some headers are PWM by default, and some are DC mode, you need to go into the UEFI to change their mode. The two headers circled in red are in PWM mode by default while the four circled in blue are DC mode by default.
The motherboard has black heat sinks with hints of white on carbon fiber panels, both PCI-E slots are metal reinforced, and the memory DIMMs have a metal shroud around them. The motherboard has very few components on the back, just a few PCI-E quick switches.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, DVI, HDMI, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio ports with S/PDIF.
The PCI-E layout is very similar to that of other X370 motherboards. The first two x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last PCI-E x16 slot is wired x4 PCI-E 2.0 to the PCH and shares its bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. There are also three PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots. Four SATA ports are right angled as is one of the USB 3.0 internal headers.
The motherboard also has two straight SATA6Gb/s ports to the right of a USB 3.0 internal header. The 32Gb/s slot gets an M.2 Shield.
The M.2 Shield uses a heat pad to transfer heat from the M.2 drive to the metal on the shield. It is much more useful for single sided drives than double-sided ones. The motherboard features two USB 2.0 internal headers to the right of the front panel headers. The JSEL1 jumper is used to enable the DEMOLED1 button's function. Pressing the button will change the RGB LED effects.
The motherboard features a single RGB LED header at the bottom of the motherboard. All of the heat sinks and the shield are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions